Monday, June 19, 2006

Puerto Rico Genealogy

Happy Monday folks! Back to the weekly work routine. :-P

I've recently taken up on a genealogy hobby researching my family history and family tree. Initial surnames I'm researching are Acevedo and Rivera from Aguadilla, Puerto Rico. Both my father and mother's family are from Aguadilla. I have been able to find a lot of information that neither one of them knew and have made some progress. Check out my page at
http://pegasus.cc.ucf.edu/~me483020 for more information and to see other surnames I'm researching.

A good website for Puerto Rico genealogy is Searching for Our Roots by Priscilla Colon Martinez,
http://www.rootsweb.com/~prsanjua. This site is completely free and has a lot of information for all areas of Puerto Rico.

I've realized this is a lengthy project and it can go slowly. I've met people through discussion boards who are researching the same surnames and areas and even met a cousin of my mother, but the search is never ending! If you plan to start researching your family tree and history, be prepared to spend a lot of time and effort. Needless to say, with the new baby, I have no time for genealogy these days. Right now, if I come across something interesting, I'll look into it, but I'm not very proactive in researching. I'll get back to it someday, though. :sigh:


I'd love to hear from you if you are researching these names or if your family is from Aguadilla.




One Great Family
Trace your Origins online

Research your family history with 7 Day Family Tree!


No comments: